Tuesday 27 January 2009

Gym and thoughts

Another picture of the gym.... I know, I'm boring in these pictures... but, despite they are now some months I'm attending the David Llyod gym, I'm still excited about it.... it is modern, very hi-tech, always clean, and huge....

I'm officially in the program. the IM program. I've started with the beginning of January. At the moment, I'm around 6-8h/week of exercise, with the prospect of raising it towards 10-12 and 16, at the peack week (jsut for one week...). I'm looking forward to it! it is becoming difficult to manage a full time work, training, business course and thesis writing. Each week has 168h, and sleeping is not an option. Moday is rest day, but it is thesis writing. Tuesday exercise in the morning (run and swim, with the swimming outdoor in the heated pool. It is wired, as outside is nearby the freezing poing, and the heated water generates a lot of mist....). Wednesday is bike followed by run. Thursday is usually bike. Friday is quite a long run, and theoretically swim. Saturday the long bike ride. Sunday the long run. Saturday is also thesis writing, as Sunday. Business course at lunchtime. Food shopping around 22.00/23.00, after the gym, in week days, but not weekends. This is my week, at the moment. When the course will be over (April), I'll have more time for training (closer to the summer, the peack season). Everything is performace and goal oriented. Work, training, writing, course. I'm quite happy I don't have a family right now. I could not manage it. There are some concerns there, but at the moment are at the back of my mind.... when I'll be able to put something apart and form a family on my own? When will I give my life the right priorities? When will I stop thinking about my social life? When will I become normal again, with a normal behaviour? When will I stop eating 650g of cottage cheese as lunch? All these concerns are there, but I try to keep them at the back of the mind. I don't want to think about them now, now is time to perform. And I'm already thinking at the 2010 races. What, when, where. Just in case I don't manage to finish the IM, I need to think about a "second chance", the following year. I need to do it. I need to. Even if it is the last thing I do in my life. I need to finish an ironman race.

No comments: